As you've have probably read or been told J had his tonsil removed in January. Oh what a difference that has made. Prior to surgery we were gagging on food at least once a day, struggling for him to eat or want to eat. Let just say J was drinking most of his calories (from milk or the one pediasure a day). The picture below really bothers me because he is so thin, but it is a good comparison of where we came from.
 |
January 18....2 weeks after surgery, about 28lbs.
|
Since that time we have struggled at times to get him to try new things and old things, foods he use to enjoy. When eating he would say "no mom, I'll cough" (he perception of gagging). Fortunately, he would try it again and he wouldn't cough. I think he is actually enjoying food now! Many times he will tell me "mom, I'm hungry, I need to eat" which never happened prior to surgery.
 |
| March 24th and an extra 4 lbs |
After surgery J lost a few pounds, but since then has gained 2 lbs from where he was the day of surgery, plus we had to get new pants because he grew about one-half of an inch. So exciting! Also, we only have minor colds now......none of this sick for 10-14 days anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment