Sunday, March 24, 2013

Struggle

I struggled today.

I had the opportunity to help in the 3 year Sunday School class.  I was playing and observing, and playing some more.  In this group are 3 very active, typical boys.  J is one of them.  The other two play together frequently and were playing "cops" today and had play phones that they were using as there radios.  J went to get the third play phone out of the toy bin and was going to play along with them.  After J had picked up the third phone, one of the boys took it from him and told him "M is going to use this one", referring to a different  friend.  I asked the little girl "were you playing with this while it was in the toy bin?"  She looked me straight in the eyes and nodded yes.  The three, not including J, went off and played leaving J stunned, yearning to play. My heart hurt for him.

During this the other 5 children in the class didn't really want much to do with this group of 3 and J went back to playing cars on the mat.

I was shocked.  Do cliques really developed this early?

As my children grow I pray that they will have heart to reach out to others, to include others, and to makes others feel that they matter even though they may not be friends. Through their words and their actions others will see Christ's light through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment