Friday, March 21, 2014

Baby E

So since it has been a while, we have been pregnant and had another little boy.  This pregnancy was a little more on the challenging side as about 14 weeks my back spasmed for about 10 days.  Not the most fun with 2 other little ones in the house.  It would spasm at almost everything I did, turning it bed, standing up, sitting down. To say the least getting to the bathroom was a bit of a challenge.  On we go to about 19 weeks when we had our ultrasound and found out that this little guy not only had one large kidney, but a matching set! Because of this we had glimpses of him regularly, a total of 5 different times I saw his little face. At 33 weeks came the shocker, they estimated him at about 6lbs (I know what you are thinking, must have gestational diabetes....but no passed that test). With all of the ultrasounds there was little that we didn't know about this little one, he had hair, he was big, and had a darling face. The only thing we didn't know was his official weight and the color of his hair.




Labor went as well as expected if not the better of the 3 boys.  October 24th we went to the Macy's test inflation day and I wasn't feeling the best.  By evening (6pm) I started noticing contractions and they hurt a little and they were getting closer together. Since, we were going to get induced the next day (at 39 weeks because of his size).  We were going to head home for the night when my mom suggested that we call and see if we could come in and they said yes.  We got to the hospital about 8:30 got settled in and hooked up to the monitors.  It ended up they were contractions and they increased in intensity, because of policy they could not help things along because I wasn't technically 39 weeks until midnight.  By 2 am I wasn't really sleeping so I was asked if I wanted them to break my bag of waters, that is what we did.  2 epidurals later and a couple of pushes little E arrived head sideways, loud, big at around 10:30 am. 9 pounds, 3 ounces of baby, crazy kid wasn't as big as they thought.




Since his birth we have had 2 more ultrasounds on his kidneys and a VCUG.  We are very happy to report that one kidney is now normal and the other has come down in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment